What is involved in Architecting Critical Systems
Find out what the related areas are that Architecting Critical Systems connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Architecting Critical Systems thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Architecting Critical Systems journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Architecting Critical Systems leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Architecting Critical Systems related domains to cover and 159 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Architecting Critical Systems, Systems architect, Acceptance test, Business analyst, Commercial off-the-shelf, Computer hardware, Computer model, Computer security, Computer shortcut, Cost–benefit analysis, Criminal proceedings, Eberhardt Rechtin, Enterprise architect, Enterprise architecture, File allocation table, Hardware architecture, Human factors and ergonomics, Information and communications technology, Information transfer, Operational definition, Quality control, Reliability engineering, Requirements analysis, Requirements engineering, Safety engineering, Service-oriented modeling, Software architecture, Software engineering, Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering, Systems architecture, Systems design, Systems modeling, Test engineers, Test method, User guide, Well defined:
Architecting Critical Systems Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Architecting Critical Systems failures and question.
– Think about the people you identified for your Architecting Critical Systems project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– In what ways are Architecting Critical Systems vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are there Architecting Critical Systems Models?
Systems architect Critical Criteria:
Shape Systems architect failures and stake your claim.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Architecting Critical Systems information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are all of our Architecting Critical Systems domains and what do they do?
– How can you measure Architecting Critical Systems in a systematic way?
Acceptance test Critical Criteria:
Use past Acceptance test results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Acceptance test.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Architecting Critical Systems process?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– What are our needs in relation to Architecting Critical Systems skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Architecting Critical Systems move?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
Business analyst Critical Criteria:
Pilot Business analyst results and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Business analyst results.
– Will Architecting Critical Systems have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Architecting Critical Systems moving forward?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Architecting Critical Systems?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– Do business analysts know the cost of feature addition or modification?
Commercial off-the-shelf Critical Criteria:
Think about Commercial off-the-shelf planning and find the ideas you already have.
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Architecting Critical Systems opportunities costing us money?
– Is Supporting Architecting Critical Systems documentation required?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Debate over Computer hardware issues and assess what counts with Computer hardware that we are not counting.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Architecting Critical Systems?
– Does the Architecting Critical Systems task fit the clients priorities?
– How to deal with Architecting Critical Systems Changes?
Computer model Critical Criteria:
Study Computer model tasks and triple focus on important concepts of Computer model relationship management.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Architecting Critical Systems strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Architecting Critical Systems process?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Investigate Computer security planning and perfect Computer security conflict management.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Architecting Critical Systems goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are we Assessing Architecting Critical Systems and Risk?
Computer shortcut Critical Criteria:
Coach on Computer shortcut planning and observe effective Computer shortcut.
– Does Architecting Critical Systems analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Are there recognized Architecting Critical Systems problems?
– What are current Architecting Critical Systems Paradigms?
Cost–benefit analysis Critical Criteria:
Face Cost–benefit analysis adoptions and question.
– Does Architecting Critical Systems analysis show the relationships among important Architecting Critical Systems factors?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Architecting Critical Systems study?
– How do we Improve Architecting Critical Systems service perception, and satisfaction?
Criminal proceedings Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Criminal proceedings projects and look at the big picture.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Architecting Critical Systems project manager?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Architecting Critical Systems activities?
– Is Architecting Critical Systems Required?
Eberhardt Rechtin Critical Criteria:
Reason over Eberhardt Rechtin risks and be persistent.
– How likely is the current Architecting Critical Systems plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Enterprise architect Critical Criteria:
Talk about Enterprise architect decisions and devote time assessing Enterprise architect and its risk.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Architecting Critical Systems project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Architecting Critical Systems been identified and analyzed?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– What are the usability implications of Architecting Critical Systems actions?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
– What skills are specific to Enterprise Architect role?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Read up on Enterprise architecture governance and oversee Enterprise architecture requirements.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Architecting Critical Systems?
– How do we Identify specific Architecting Critical Systems investment and emerging trends?
– What threat is Architecting Critical Systems addressing?
File allocation table Critical Criteria:
Think about File allocation table decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in File allocation table.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Architecting Critical Systems project?
– How is the value delivered by Architecting Critical Systems being measured?
Hardware architecture Critical Criteria:
Chat re Hardware architecture adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Hardware architecture because they lack skills.
– Do the Architecting Critical Systems decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Who will provide the final approval of Architecting Critical Systems deliverables?
– What are internal and external Architecting Critical Systems relations?
Human factors and ergonomics Critical Criteria:
Use past Human factors and ergonomics tactics and sort Human factors and ergonomics activities.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Architecting Critical Systems experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the short and long-term Architecting Critical Systems goals?
– Are there Architecting Critical Systems problems defined?
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Information and communications technology engagements and get going.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Architecting Critical Systems strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Architecting Critical Systems leader?
– Do Architecting Critical Systems rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Information transfer Critical Criteria:
Map Information transfer leadership and know what your objective is.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Architecting Critical Systems is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Architecting Critical Systems products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Have all basic functions of Architecting Critical Systems been defined?
Operational definition Critical Criteria:
Grasp Operational definition governance and explain and analyze the challenges of Operational definition.
– Is there a Architecting Critical Systems Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Does Architecting Critical Systems appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Quality control Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Quality control visions and be persistent.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– What is the purpose of Architecting Critical Systems in relation to the mission?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– Are regulatory inspections considered part of quality control?
– What is your quality control system?
– What about quality control? Defects?
– What about quality control?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
X-ray Reliability engineering outcomes and look at it backwards.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Architecting Critical Systems values?
– How do we know that any Architecting Critical Systems analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Unify Requirements analysis adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Requirements analysis.
– For your Architecting Critical Systems project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are assumptions made in Architecting Critical Systems stated explicitly?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Systematize Requirements engineering engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Requirements engineering projects.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Architecting Critical Systems Management?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Administer Safety engineering tactics and look for lots of ideas.
– What business benefits will Architecting Critical Systems goals deliver if achieved?
Service-oriented modeling Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Service-oriented modeling tactics and revise understanding of Service-oriented modeling architectures.
– In a project to restructure Architecting Critical Systems outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Architecting Critical Systems?
– Will Architecting Critical Systems deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Dissect Software architecture tasks and prioritize challenges of Software architecture.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Architecting Critical Systems leaders?
– What vendors make products that address the Architecting Critical Systems needs?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Judge Software engineering quality and revise understanding of Software engineering architectures.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Systems Engineer Critical Criteria:
Merge Systems Engineer projects and cater for concise Systems Engineer education.
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– What is the plan to align prime contractors systems engineering management plan (semp) with the Program Management office (pmo) sep?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– Once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– What is the detailed set of functions and properties of a given interface?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– How will the system be developed, operated, and maintained?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How well should the system perform?
– Why use systems engineering?
– Right business case?
– What option is best?
Systems Engineering Critical Criteria:
Understand Systems Engineering tactics and balance specific methods for improving Systems Engineering results.
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– Is Architecting Critical Systems Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Is systems engineering the solution to all of our systems problems?
– Standards, goals, and appropriate processes been established?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– What is the geographic and physical extent of the system?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– How does it all fit together?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Check Systems architecture projects and sort Systems architecture activities.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Architecting Critical Systems does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Systems design Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Systems design quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Systems design decisions.
– Is a technical solution for data loss prevention -i.e., systems designed to automatically monitor for data leakage -considered essential to enterprise risk management?
– Why are Architecting Critical Systems skills important?
– How can we improve Architecting Critical Systems?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Judge Systems modeling outcomes and shift your focus.
Test engineers Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Test engineers outcomes and catalog what business benefits will Test engineers goals deliver if achieved.
– Does Architecting Critical Systems include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Architecting Critical Systems models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Test method Critical Criteria:
Participate in Test method adoptions and change contexts.
– How to Secure Architecting Critical Systems?
User guide Critical Criteria:
Chart User guide goals and shift your focus.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Architecting Critical Systems with what users do day-to-day?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Architecting Critical Systems processes of our organization?
Well defined Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Well defined goals and summarize a clear Well defined focus.
– Are the customer segments for the product well defined, e.g. in terms of industry line, company size, buyer type (CEO/board level individual vs. human resource manager), geography etc?
– Consider your own Architecting Critical Systems project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Architecting Critical Systems Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems architect External links:
Systems Architect Salary – PayScale
Systems Architect (Satellite) – jobs.raytheon.com
Computer Systems Architect Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Acceptance test External links:
Production Acceptance Test and Evaluation (PAT&E) …
SAT (Site Acceptance Test) – Comecer
Acceptance Test Employer and Technicians | CALCTP
Business analyst External links:
Here are 13 Jobs that Can Lead to a Business Analyst Job
IT Business Analyst Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Title Business Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Commercial off-the-shelf External links:
What is Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)? – Definition …
[PPT]COMMERCIAL OFF-THE-SHELF (COTS)
Commercial Off-the-Shelf Software 2012 (COTS 2012)
Computer hardware External links:
Phanteks Innovative Computer Hardware Design
Computer Hardware Inc.
Computer Hardware, PC Parts & Components – Newegg.com
Computer security External links:
Computer Security | Consumer Information
Top10 Best Security Software – Best Computer Security 2018
http://Ad · www.thetop10antivirus.com/Best-10/Security
Computer Security Tools & Downloads – TechNet Security
Computer shortcut External links:
How to Add My Computer Shortcut on Desktop in Windows 10
Apple computer shortcut keys
Computer shortcut terms 1 Flashcards | Quizlet
Criminal proceedings External links:
Criminal Proceedings Benchbook, Vol. 1 – Michigan
Criminal Proceedings legal definition of Criminal Proceedings
Eberhardt Rechtin External links:
[PDF]Save-The-Date: 2017 Eberhardt Rechtin Keynote …
Systems Architecting: Creating & Building Complex Systems [Eberhardt Rechtin] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. …
Enterprise architect External links:
Enterprise Architect, IT Salary – PayScale
Enterprise Architect – Scaled Agile Framework
Certifications – Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Tool – Groundbreaking in digitization
http://Ad · www.leanix.net/leanIX/EAM
Enterprise Architecture Tool – leanix.net
http://Ad · www.leanix.net/leanIX/EAM
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
File allocation table External links:
file allocation table – Wiktionary
[PDF]index.php?title=File Allocation Table – Dan Kohn
file allocation table – EBSCO Information Services
Hardware architecture External links:
Parallel Hardware Architecture – Oracle
Dell EMC Unity Hardware Architecture – SAN Enthusiast
NI SwitchBlock Hardware Architecture – National Instruments
Human factors and ergonomics External links:
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Student …
Human Factors and Ergonomics – YouTube
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Malaysia – …
Information and communications technology External links:
Information and Communications Technology Utilization …
[PDF]2 Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
Information transfer External links:
Information transfer. (Book, 1982) [WorldCat.org]
Operational definition External links:
Operational Definition of Behavior in a School Setting
Operational Definition – Template & Example
Operational Definition | Encyclopedia of Psychology
Quality control External links:
OEQC Home – Office of Environmental Quality Control
Ardent Services, Inc. | Quality Control Evaluation Services
Quality Control – Freddie Mac
Reliability engineering External links:
Reliability Engineering | ASQ
Reliability Engineering – Asset Management Optimization
Requirements analysis External links:
3.1 Critical Requirements Analysis – Exxcel
[PDF]2 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS
Business Requirements Analysis – Project Management …
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Safety engineering External links:
Stronghold Safety Engineering – Safety Equipment …
2018 EUROPE FIRE SAFETY ENGINEERING …
Trench Safety Engineering – National Trench Safety
Service-oriented modeling External links:
Service-Oriented Modeling for Connected Systems: Part 1
Service-Oriented Modeling and Architecture (SOMA) – IBM
Software architecture External links:
Software Architecture – O’Reilly Media
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Example: Software Architecture Document
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Software Engineering Services
Systems Engineer External links:
Systems Engineer job description template | Workable
Systems Engineer Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Systems Engineer Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Systems Engineering External links:
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
What is Systems Engineering
Technology Consultant – Systems Engineering
Systems architecture External links:
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
SOSA (Sensor Open Systems Architecture) | The Open …
Systems Architecture Guild – YouTube
Systems design External links:
Training Systems Design
Power Systems Design Firm – Power Grid Engineering, LLC
ASD | Automated Systems Design – asd-usa.com
Systems modeling External links:
Water and Sanitary Sewer Systems Modeling | Savannah, …
Complex Adaptive Systems Modeling | Home page
Test engineers External links:
Manual Test Engineers in Houston, Texas | Modis
The American Society of Test Engineers, Inc. (ASTE) Home …
Find QA Manual Test Engineers Jobs – hired.com
Test method External links:
[PDF]TEST METHOD FOR THE CHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF …
Fall-of-potential test method – Fluke Corporation
User guide External links:
User guide – Dropbox
Nexia User Guide for Trane Thermostat
[PDF]Cisco IP Phone 7960 and 7940 Series User Guide