What is involved in Agile Software Development
Find out what the related areas are that Agile Software Development connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile Software Development thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Software Development journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Software Development leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile Software Development related domains to cover and 296 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile Software Development, Dynamic Systems Development Method, Data analysis, Spiral model, Rate of return, Entity–relationship model, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Work in process, Alistair Cockburn, Human resources, Product owner, Code refactoring, Infrastructure as Code, Adaptive software development, Bertrand Meyer, Enterprise Unified Process, Change control board, Greenfield project, Business agility, Risk management, Enterprise architecture, Programming paradigm, Cross-functional team, Systems analysis, Waterfall development, Software verification and validation, Feature-driven development, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7, PM Declaration of Interdependence, Capability Maturity Model, Software testing, Pull-based agile coaching, ISO 26262, Scrum Master, Trygve Reenskaug, View model, Project team, Requirements analysis, Ivar Jacobson, IT infrastructure deployment, Danese Cooper, Disciplined agile delivery, Collaborating, learning and adapting, Software development methodology, IEEE Standards Association, Rolling Wave planning, Story-driven modeling, ISO/IEC 15504, Data modeling, Project stakeholders, Software development, Model-driven development, Customer engagement, Project Management Institute, Integrated Authority File, Extreme Programming, Acceptance test–driven development, Verification and Validation, Federal government of the United States, Integrated development environment, Behavior-driven development, Extreme programming practices, Iterative and incremental development, Cleanroom software engineering, Software quality assurance, Agile Software Development, Software development process, Software maintenance, Agile Unified Process, Niklaus Wirth:
Agile Software Development Critical Criteria:
Define Agile Software Development decisions and learn.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– Who would benefit from the framework(s) and how could it (they) be utilized?
– What other types of systems might be able to benefit from this component?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What type of system is being developed?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– What is ASD to us?
– What is Agility ?
Dynamic Systems Development Method Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Dynamic Systems Development Method quality and create Dynamic Systems Development Method explanations for all managers.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Agile Software Development services/products?
– What vendors make products that address the Agile Software Development needs?
– How do we go about Comparing Agile Software Development approaches/solutions?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Boost Data analysis decisions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Data analysis is getting what it needs.
– Do those selected for the Agile Software Development team have a good general understanding of what Agile Software Development is all about?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– What is Effective Agile Software Development?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Generalize Spiral model goals and get going.
– Among the Agile Software Development product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Agile Software Development leader?
– Who needs to know about Agile Software Development ?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Infer Rate of return strategies and finalize specific methods for Rate of return acceptance.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– How can you negotiate Agile Software Development successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– How likely is the current Agile Software Development plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Consider Entity–relationship model failures and maintain Entity–relationship model for success.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Agile Software Development, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Agile Software Development agendas for the next 3 years?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Agile Software Development?
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge outcomes and stake your claim.
– Which customers cant participate in our Agile Software Development domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Agile Software Development goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Who will provide the final approval of Agile Software Development deliverables?
Work in process Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Work in process risks and gather Work in process models .
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Agile Software Development?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Agile Software Development effort?
– What are all of our Agile Software Development domains and what do they do?
Alistair Cockburn Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Alistair Cockburn quality and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Alistair Cockburn projects.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Agile Software Development into the services that we provide?
– How do we Improve Agile Software Development service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we Lead with Agile Software Development in Mind?
Human resources Critical Criteria:
Apply Human resources decisions and slay a dragon.
– Are there cases when the company may collect, use and disclose personal data without consent or accommodation?
– Does the cloud service provider have necessary security controls on their human resources?
– How important is it for organizations to train and develop their Human Resources?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of human resources?
– How do financial reports support the various aspects of accountability?
– What steps are taken to promote compliance with the hr principles?
– Friendliness and professionalism of the Human Resources staff?
– How can we more efficiently on-board and off-board employees?
– How can we promote retention of high performing employees?
– Do you understand the parameters set by the algorithm?
– Does the hr plan make sense to our stakeholders?
– How is Promptness of returning calls or e-mail?
– How do we go about Securing Agile Software Development?
– What other outreach efforts would be helpful?
– How is the Content updated of the hr website?
– What additional approaches already exist?
– Analytic Applications: Build or Buy?
– How do we engage the stakeholders?
– Why is transparency important?
Product owner Critical Criteria:
Jump start Product owner goals and mentor Product owner customer orientation.
– Scrums productivity stems from doing the right things first and doing those things very effectively. The product owner queues up the right work by prioritizing the product backlog. How does the team maximize its productivity, though?
– Consider your own Agile Software Development project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– The Product Owner and the Team collaborate to do the best for the business. Each collaboration results in an improved ROI. But how much of an improvement?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– Who fills the Product Owner role?
Code refactoring Critical Criteria:
Debate over Code refactoring goals and research ways can we become the Code refactoring company that would put us out of business.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Agile Software Development process?
– Will Agile Software Development deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Infrastructure as Code Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Infrastructure as Code projects and tour deciding if Infrastructure as Code progress is made.
– Think about the functions involved in your Agile Software Development project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How to deal with Agile Software Development Changes?
– Is Agile Software Development Required?
Adaptive software development Critical Criteria:
Nurse Adaptive software development issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Adaptive software development.
– How do we Identify specific Agile Software Development investment and emerging trends?
– What business benefits will Agile Software Development goals deliver if achieved?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Jump start Bertrand Meyer governance and finalize specific methods for Bertrand Meyer acceptance.
– Does Agile Software Development analysis show the relationships among important Agile Software Development factors?
– What is the source of the strategies for Agile Software Development strengthening and reform?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Jump start Enterprise Unified Process projects and find the essential reading for Enterprise Unified Process researchers.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Agile Software Development project manager?
– What are the business goals Agile Software Development is aiming to achieve?
– Is Supporting Agile Software Development documentation required?
Change control board Critical Criteria:
Check Change control board outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Change control board projects.
– Is Agile Software Development dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who sets the Agile Software Development standards?
– What is our Agile Software Development Strategy?
Greenfield project Critical Criteria:
Jump start Greenfield project visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Greenfield project because they lack skills.
– Will IT be a partner, driving business value, building an IoT architecture and collaborating on greenfield projects?
– Is the Agile Software Development organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Have you identified your Agile Software Development key performance indicators?
Business agility Critical Criteria:
Meet over Business agility tasks and oversee Business agility management by competencies.
– How can the value of Agile Software Development be defined?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Risk management planning and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Risk management services.
– If the liability portion of a Cybersecurity insurance policy is a claims-made policy, is an extended reporting endorsement (tail coverage) offered?
– Does the committee responsible for risk have direct communication with the finance function and with staff who have time to ask what if?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– What training is provided to personnel that are involved with Cybersecurity control, implementation, and policies?
– What core IT system are you using? Does it have an ERM or risk assessment module; and if so, have you used it?
– Market risk -Will the new service or product be useful to the organization or marketable to others?
– Where specifically is the Risk assessed information processed and stored?
– Do entities have sufficient internal security leadership to implement programs?
– Do you adhere to, or apply, the ISO 31000 Risk Management standard?
– How can Risk Management be tied procedurally to process elements?
– What risks will the organization take on new initiatives?
– What is the mission of the user organization?
– Are Cybersecurity responsibilities assigned?
– When does compliance with a standard start?
– Is Cybersecurity Insurance coverage a must?
– Are we working on the right risks?
– How do users perceive security -what is it?
– Is an internal fire plan posted?
– Risk mitigation: how far?
– What is a risk?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Align Enterprise architecture strategies and point out Enterprise architecture tensions in leadership.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Agile Software Development strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Do we monitor the Agile Software Development decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Programming paradigm Critical Criteria:
Steer Programming paradigm management and innovate what needs to be done with Programming paradigm.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Agile Software Development information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How will you know that the Agile Software Development project has been successful?
– How do we maintain Agile Software Developments Integrity?
Cross-functional team Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Cross-functional team outcomes and ask questions.
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Systems analysis outcomes and attract Systems analysis skills.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– Can you think of situations that might fail the technical, organizational, or economic feasibility criteria?
– How can probability estimates be obtained when the information available is severely limited?
– What is the purpose of the Systems Analysis report during the Systems Analysis phase?
– What are the principal mechanisms likely to bring about performance improvements?
– What service providers would be able to build this application if outsourced?
– What is the purpose of splitting design into two parts: systems and detail?
– What types of planning are necessary to ensure the system s success?
– In which of the stages will end-user involvement be most extensive?
– Do you think users make the final switch to the new system easily?
– How do we practically monitor or measure margin to criticality?
– What are the system analyst s and programmer s roles?
– What means can a project sponsor use to communicate?
– What types of systems development plans are needed?
– Systems Analysis and design: where is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– Which organizational units affected?
– Can something be changed?
– Who does analysis?
– Why choose ssadm?
Waterfall development Critical Criteria:
Grade Waterfall development governance and handle a jump-start course to Waterfall development.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Agile Software Development is underway?
– Is there a Agile Software Development Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do the Agile Software Development decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software verification and validation management and perfect Software verification and validation conflict management.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Agile Software Development is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Agile Software Development processes?
Feature-driven development Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Feature-driven development tactics and find answers.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Agile Software Development experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Critical Criteria:
Align ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 skills.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Agile Software Development Management?
– What will drive Agile Software Development change?
PM Declaration of Interdependence Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on PM Declaration of Interdependence results and give examples utilizing a core of simple PM Declaration of Interdependence skills.
– Does Agile Software Development include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Capability Maturity Model Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Capability Maturity Model tasks and report on setting up Capability Maturity Model without losing ground.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Agile Software Development project?
– How do we manage Agile Software Development Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Do we all define Agile Software Development in the same way?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Talk about Software testing leadership and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Agile Software Development product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– In what ways are Agile Software Development vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Pull-based agile coaching Critical Criteria:
Look at Pull-based agile coaching leadership and reduce Pull-based agile coaching costs.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Agile Software Development processes of our organization?
ISO 26262 Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on ISO 26262 decisions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are assumptions made in Agile Software Development stated explicitly?
Scrum Master Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Scrum Master adoptions and probe Scrum Master strategic alliances.
– What are our needs in relation to Agile Software Development skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who is the scrum master?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Read up on Trygve Reenskaug decisions and grade techniques for implementing Trygve Reenskaug controls.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Agile Software Development products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is the scope of Agile Software Development defined?
View model Critical Criteria:
Nurse View model adoptions and remodel and develop an effective View model strategy.
Project team Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Project team planning and finalize specific methods for Project team acceptance.
– Can we add value to the current Agile Software Development decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Requirements analysis results and adjust implementation of Requirements analysis.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Agile Software Development project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is maximizing Agile Software Development protection the same as minimizing Agile Software Development loss?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Ivar Jacobson visions and track iterative Ivar Jacobson results.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Agile Software Development objectives?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Agile Software Development been identified and analyzed?
IT infrastructure deployment Critical Criteria:
Derive from IT infrastructure deployment projects and look at it backwards.
– Are we Assessing Agile Software Development and Risk?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Think about Danese Cooper governance and develop and take control of the Danese Cooper initiative.
Disciplined agile delivery Critical Criteria:
Understand Disciplined agile delivery tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Disciplined agile delivery.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Agile Software Development project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Agile Software Development project lifecycle?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Agile Software Development models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
Collaborating, learning and adapting Critical Criteria:
Group Collaborating, learning and adapting engagements and finalize specific methods for Collaborating, learning and adapting acceptance.
– For your Agile Software Development project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Agile Software Development?
– Does our organization need more Agile Software Development education?
Software development methodology Critical Criteria:
Debate over Software development methodology leadership and pioneer acquisition of Software development methodology systems.
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Agile Software Development forward?
IEEE Standards Association Critical Criteria:
Differentiate IEEE Standards Association tasks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive IEEE Standards Association projects.
Rolling Wave planning Critical Criteria:
Guard Rolling Wave planning planning and cater for concise Rolling Wave planning education.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Agile Software Development?
Story-driven modeling Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Story-driven modeling engagements and perfect Story-driven modeling conflict management.
– Does Agile Software Development analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are our Agile Software Development Processes?
– How to Secure Agile Software Development?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Substantiate ISO/IEC 15504 tasks and work towards be a leading ISO/IEC 15504 expert.
– Are there Agile Software Development Models?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Data modeling projects and describe the risks of Data modeling sustainability.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Agile Software Development in a volatile global economy?
– Think of your Agile Software Development project. what are the main functions?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Project stakeholders leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Project stakeholders and constraints.
– What are the key elements of your Agile Software Development performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Map Software development issues and transcribe Software development as tomorrows backbone for success.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– How Do Practitioners Integrate Usability Engineering in Software Development?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– Any impediments/stumbling blocks?
– How good are our agile methods?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
Model-driven development Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Model-driven development projects and probe Model-driven development strategic alliances.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Agile Software Development leaders?
– What threat is Agile Software Development addressing?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Grasp Customer engagement risks and tour deciding if Customer engagement progress is made.
– Think about the people you identified for your Agile Software Development project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
– Are there recognized Agile Software Development problems?
Project Management Institute Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Project Management Institute leadership and look at the big picture.
– How is the value delivered by Agile Software Development being measured?
– How can you measure Agile Software Development in a systematic way?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Guide Integrated Authority File strategies and ask questions.
– What are the short and long-term Agile Software Development goals?
Extreme Programming Critical Criteria:
Match Extreme Programming outcomes and develop and take control of the Extreme Programming initiative.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Agile Software Development workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Acceptance test–driven development Critical Criteria:
Participate in Acceptance test–driven development tasks and create Acceptance test–driven development explanations for all managers.
Verification and Validation Critical Criteria:
Study Verification and Validation tasks and point out Verification and Validation tensions in leadership.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Agile Software Development does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Agile Software Development activities?
Federal government of the United States Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Federal government of the United States leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Federal government of the United States goal is.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Agile Software Development processes?
– How will you measure your Agile Software Development effectiveness?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Design Integrated development environment adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Integrated development environment information.
– Can we do Agile Software Development without complex (expensive) analysis?
Behavior-driven development Critical Criteria:
Audit Behavior-driven development planning and finalize the present value of growth of Behavior-driven development.
– What is the purpose of Agile Software Development in relation to the mission?
– Why is Agile Software Development important for you now?
– Why are Agile Software Development skills important?
Extreme programming practices Critical Criteria:
Generalize Extreme programming practices failures and do something to it.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Agile Software Development values?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
X-ray Iterative and incremental development decisions and devise Iterative and incremental development key steps.
Cleanroom software engineering Critical Criteria:
Focus on Cleanroom software engineering adoptions and triple focus on important concepts of Cleanroom software engineering relationship management.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Agile Software Development process?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Mix Software quality assurance projects and change contexts.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
Agile Software Development Critical Criteria:
Devise Agile Software Development failures and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Agile Software Development is getting what it needs.
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– what is the difference between Agile Development and Lean UX?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What makes agile better?
– What about large teams?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software development process quality and adjust implementation of Software development process.
– what is the best design framework for Agile Software Development organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Agile Software Development?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Guard Software maintenance tactics and report on developing an effective Software maintenance strategy.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– How would one define Agile Software Development leadership?
Agile Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Agile Unified Process strategies and stake your claim.
– How do we measure improved Agile Software Development service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is our formula for success in Agile Software Development ?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Niklaus Wirth failures and work towards be a leading Niklaus Wirth expert.
– How important is Agile Software Development to the user organizations mission?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Software Development Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile Software Development External links:
Introducing Agile Software Development
Dynamic Systems Development Method External links:
Dynamic Systems Development Method Archives – SPC …
Dynamic Systems Development Method – YouTube
Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM) – Prezi
Data analysis External links:
Regional Data Warehouse/Data Analysis Site
Data Analysis in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Research and Data Analysis | DSHS
Spiral model External links:
The Incremental Commitment Spiral Model: Principles and Practices for Successful Systems and Software [Barry Boehm, Jo Ann Lane, …
Boehm’s Spiral Model Flashcards | Quizlet
SDLC Spiral Model – Tutorials Point
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate of Return (IRR) – Math is Fun
Rate Of Return Calculator | Calculators by CalcXML
Annual Rate of Return Calculator – Dinkytown.net
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge External links:
Available in: Paperback. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) —Fifth Edition reflects the collaboration and
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK(R) Guide-Sixth Edition / Agile Practice Guide Bundle (Pmbok Guide) …
[PDF]A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge
Work in process External links:
Work in process. (Book, 1973) [WorldCat.org]
Work in Process (WIP), What is WIP? – InventoryOps.com
[PDF]Inventory Summary Work in Process Summary
Alistair Cockburn External links:
Alistair Cockburn (@TotherAlistair) | Twitter
Human resources External links:
Home | Human Resources
Phila.gov | Human Resources | Jobs
Human Resources | Maricopa Community Colleges
Product owner External links:
Download Bruno Product Owner’s Manuals.
Scrum Product Owner: The Agile Product Owner’s Role
Certified Scrum Product Owner Training – Scrum Inc
Code refactoring External links:
Code Refactoring – PowerTheShell
Overview of Code Refactoring – Peter’s blog
Infrastructure as Code External links:
‘Infrastructure as Code’ in Chicago (Chicago, IL) | Meetup
Implementing Infrastructure as Code | ThoughtWorks …
Adaptive software development External links:
Adaptive Software Development Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
The Benefits of Adaptive Software Development | Adaptik
An adaptive software development process model – …
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
Bertrand Meyer – Official Site
Change control board External links:
Change Control Board | FAMIT
Change Control Board • ITS: Colorado College
Change Control Board Procedures – New Jersey
Greenfield project External links:
The Greenfield Project
Greenfield Project Graduation 2018
Business agility External links:
Business agility is the “ability of a business system to rapidly respond to change by adapting its initial stable configuration”.
Risk management External links:
Celgene Risk Management
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge (EABOK) | Home
Programming paradigm External links:
Programming Paradigm Flashcards | Quizlet
Difference between Programming Paradigm, Design …
What programming paradigm does MATLAB follow? – …
Cross-functional team External links:
Creating a Cross-Functional Team: Taking Meaningful …
Building a Cross-functional Team – CBS News
Skill Pages – Cross-functional team | Dice.com
Systems analysis External links:
Systems Analysis and Integration | Transportation …
Community: “Virtual Systems Analysis” – TV Club
Technology Services / Systems Analysis & Support
Waterfall development External links:
Waterfall Development Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Feature-driven development External links:
An Introduction to Feature-Driven Development – DZone …
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 External links:
[PDF]ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 N XXXX 2 Date: 2007-06-15 – IEEE-SA
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Software and systems engineering
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Software and systems engineering
http://www.iso.org › … › Technical Committees › ISO/IEC JTC 1
PM Declaration of Interdependence External links:
PM Declaration of Interdependence – PlanOpedia
PM Declaration of Interdependence – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/PM Declaration of Interdependence
Capability Maturity Model External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Software testing External links:
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
Software Testing and Deployment | Olenick
tap|QA – Software Testing, Continuous Integration, Selenium
Pull-based agile coaching External links:
Pull-based agile coaching – WOW.com
ISO 26262 External links:
What Is ISO 26262? | IQS, Inc.
Functional Safety/ISO 26262 – Mentor Graphics
ISO 26262 | Functional Safety | Quality-One
Scrum Master External links:
Scrum Master Flashcards | Quizlet
Scrum Master Growth University
What is scrum master? – Definition from WhatIs.com
View model External links:
c# – Using XAML resource in view model – Stack Overflow
Clayton Homes: The Grand View Model Home …
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community
Requirements analysis External links:
[PDF]Data Requirements Analysis Process – knowledge …
Business Requirements Analysis – Project Management …
[PDF]2 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS – New York …
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson Intl. (@IvarJacobsonInt) | Twitter
Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson International | Facebook
IT infrastructure deployment External links:
IT Infrastructure Deployment Project Plan Template and Dashboard has 2 ratings and 0 reviews: 21 pages, Kindle Edition
Project Control | IT Infrastructure Deployment | Molex CES
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper | Flickr
Danese Cooper (@DivaDanese) | Twitter
Disciplined agile delivery External links:
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Google+
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) – YouTube
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Meetup
Software development methodology External links:
Best software development methodology for sole programmer
CIS 610 | Software Development Methodology – CSU Online
IEEE Standards Association External links:
IEEE Standards Association – Welcome to Mentor
IEEE Standards Association – Facebook
IEEE Standards Association – Official Site
Rolling Wave planning External links:
Rolling Wave Planning in Project Management
Rolling Wave Planning for Earned Value Management Systems
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
ISO/IEC 15504-5:2012(en), Information technology ? …
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Data modeling External links:
What is data modeling? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Data modeling (Book, 1999) [WorldCat.org]
Project stakeholders External links:
How to Communicate With Project Stakeholders: 5 Steps
Software development External links:
Wolphi-Link interface – Wolphi – Mobile Software Development
LeanDog – Custom Software Development & Consulting | …
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Model-driven development External links:
Model-Driven Development of .NET Enterprise Applications
Model-Driven Development – YouTube
Customer engagement External links:
Customer Engagement and Operational Excellence …
http://Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Customer Engagement Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Project Management Institute External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
PMI-Project Management Institute
PMI – Project Management Institute :: Pearson VUE
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing integrated authority file : chemical section
MEDLARS indexing: integrated authority file
MEDLARS indexing integrated authority file: chemical section
Extreme Programming External links:
[PDF]Exploring Extreme Programming in Context: An …
Extreme Programming: A Gentle Introduction.
Verification and Validation External links:
International Address Verification and Validation | …
Integrated development environment External links:
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – Progress …
Behavior-driven development External links:
Behavior-Driven Development: The Origins – DZone Agile
Extreme programming practices External links:
[PDF]Extreme Programming Practices Used to Facilitate …
Extreme Programming Practices Used to Facilitate …
Extreme Programming Practices in Action | …
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Iterative and incremental development – YouTube
Cleanroom software engineering External links:
[DOC]Cleanroom Software Engineering
[PDF]Cleanroom Software Engineering – Georgia Tech …
Cleanroom Software Engineering – Myths and realities
Software quality assurance External links:
What does a Software Quality Assurance Engineer do?
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
Software Quality Assurance Jobs – Monster.com
Agile Software Development External links:
Introducing Agile Software Development
Software development process External links:
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
During which phase of the software development process …
Agile Unified Process External links:
What is AGILE UNIFIED PROCESS? What does AGILE …
What is Agile Unified Process (AUP)? Webopedia Definition
The Agile Unified Process (AUP) – Ambysoft.com Home Page
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth by on Prezi
[PDF]Niklaus wirth pdf – ubedibys.files.wordpress.com
Niklaus Wirth Quotes – BrainyQuote