What is involved in Salesforce Einstein
Find out what the related areas are that Salesforce Einstein connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Salesforce Einstein thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Salesforce Einstein journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Salesforce Einstein leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Salesforce Einstein related domains to cover and 75 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Salesforce Einstein, Samanage, Asset management, IT service management, Information technology, OCS Inventory, Service desk:
Salesforce Einstein Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Salesforce Einstein adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Salesforce Einstein results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Salesforce Einstein. How do we gain traction?
– Does Salesforce Einstein create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the short and long-term Salesforce Einstein goals?
Samanage Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Samanage decisions and improve Samanage service perception.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Salesforce Einstein processes?
– Which customers cant participate in our Salesforce Einstein domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Why should we adopt a Salesforce Einstein framework?
Asset management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Asset management governance and know what your objective is.
– Do we have processes for managing Human Resources across the business. (eg. staffing skills and numbers are known and predictions are made of future needs? new staff are inducted and trained to suit needs? succession planning is catered for?
– What are the key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– What is your it asset management program. is it manual or automated (which vendor)?
– What processes do we have in place to harvest licenses from disposed hardware?
– What are the request tracking needs of our organization?
– What happens with your retired or disposed of assets?
– Game of hide and seek at your organization?
– Who can authorize and approve changes?
– What are significant events about it?
– How should a value be assigned to it?
– Do we know ho owns every asset?
– Where in its life cycle is it?
– Why investigate other systems?
– What is it asset management ?
– What is the configuration?
– Who can initiate changes?
– It assets -what are they?
– How do we manage changes?
– What is an it asset?
– Who is using it?
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Consider IT service management tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive IT service management services.
– If SLAs are already negotiated and reference the Catalogue for documentation of the service levels, how do you change service level in the Catalogue without renegotiating the SLA?
– How do we provide the context for investment considerations (which services does an investment affect, and how does that fit with the business strategy and priorities?
– Are we getting a handle on project initiation-related risks, which is all about are we doing the right things?
– In your organization, which group oversees/coordinates your IT service management capabilities?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade/refresh cycles?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– Does the current environment support the business and functional requirements?
– What should customers be looking for and expect from a good cloud service provider?
– If your itsm team is slated for growth, what are the relevant reasons?
– How successful have you been to date with your itsm initiative?
– What metrics will be provided and are they relevant?
– Do you have a growing list of overdue incidents?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
– What is meant by it Service Management?
– What availability levels are provided?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Quality of Service Met?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Confer re Information technology results and describe the risks of Information technology sustainability.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How do we go about Securing Salesforce Einstein?
– Do we have past Salesforce Einstein Successes?
– Is the scope of Salesforce Einstein defined?
OCS Inventory Critical Criteria:
Investigate OCS Inventory engagements and question.
– To what extent does management recognize Salesforce Einstein as a tool to increase the results?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Salesforce Einstein study?
Service desk Critical Criteria:
Study Service desk quality and find the essential reading for Service desk researchers.
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Salesforce Einstein leader?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– How does mobility improve our organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– How do we maintain Salesforce Einsteins Integrity?
– Why a service desk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Salesforce Einstein Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Salesforce Einstein External links:
Salesforce Einstein Analytics Developer Center
Get Smart with Salesforce Einstein | Salesforce Trailhead
Salesforce Einstein Keynote: AI for Everyone – YouTube
Samanage External links:
Support | Samanage
Samanage – Official Site
Welcome | Samanage Community
Asset management External links:
Keystone Asset Management
Frontier Asset Management
Home – J.P. Morgan Asset Management
IT service management External links:
IT Service Management | Availability Management | Optanix
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
ServiceAide: ITSM Tools – IT Service Management …
Information technology External links:
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
OCS Inventory External links:
OCS Inventory NG Agent
OCS Inventory Plugins
OCS Inventory NG · GitHub
Service desk External links:
CUNA Service Desk
Welcome to BMC Service Desk Express
IT Service Desk Live Chat – Delta Air Lines