What is involved in Cloud Engineering
Find out what the related areas are that Cloud Engineering connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cloud Engineering thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cloud Engineering journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cloud Engineering leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cloud Engineering related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cloud Engineering, Autodesk Revit, Cloud computing, Computer science, Engineering, Information engineering, Infrastructure as a service, Onshape, Performance engineering, Platform as a service, Security engineering, SimScale, Software as a service, Software engineering, Systems engineering, Web engineering:
Cloud Engineering Critical Criteria:
Reason over Cloud Engineering projects and create a map for yourself.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Cloud Engineering information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Will Cloud Engineering deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How to Secure Cloud Engineering?
Autodesk Revit Critical Criteria:
Examine Autodesk Revit goals and point out Autodesk Revit tensions in leadership.
– Does our organization need more Cloud Engineering education?
– Do we all define Cloud Engineering in the same way?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Recall Cloud computing issues and revise understanding of Cloud computing architectures.
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– What are the existing or planned mechanisms to assess the interoperability of different vendor implementations?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– What happened to grid computing?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Computer science governance and optimize Computer science leadership as a key to advancement.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Cloud Engineering processes?
– Are there recognized Cloud Engineering problems?
– Is Cloud Engineering Required?
Engineering Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Engineering strategies and track iterative Engineering results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Cloud Engineering product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– What constraints apply, either in the nature and scope of our design effort (time, cost, funding, and other resources) or in the nature (size, cost, weight, etc.) of our solution?
– What happens if new needs (or more likely new requirements) are identified after the final needs or requirements have been developed?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– How Do Practitioners Integrate Usability Engineering in Software Development?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– Can we do Cloud Engineering without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Why has systems engineering emerged as a distinct discipline?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How well should the system perform?
– Why model-based architectures?
– How confident are we?
– What option is best?
– Right requirements?
Information engineering Critical Criteria:
Study Information engineering leadership and attract Information engineering skills.
– Do those selected for the Cloud Engineering team have a good general understanding of what Cloud Engineering is all about?
– To what extent does management recognize Cloud Engineering as a tool to increase the results?
– Do we have past Cloud Engineering Successes?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Confer over Infrastructure as a service issues and find out.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Cloud Engineering objectives?
– What are all of our Cloud Engineering domains and what do they do?
– What is our Cloud Engineering Strategy?
Onshape Critical Criteria:
Examine Onshape issues and correct better engagement with Onshape results.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Cloud Engineering process?
– How do we measure improved Cloud Engineering service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can we improve Cloud Engineering?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Administer Performance engineering tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Performance engineering.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Cloud Engineering process?
– How do we Improve Cloud Engineering service perception, and satisfaction?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Platform as a service issues and assess and formulate effective operational and Platform as a service strategies.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Cloud Engineering. How do we gain traction?
– When a Cloud Engineering manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we know that any Cloud Engineering analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Security engineering Critical Criteria:
Review Security engineering risks and catalog what business benefits will Security engineering goals deliver if achieved.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Cloud Engineering project manager?
– Does the Cloud Engineering task fit the clients priorities?
SimScale Critical Criteria:
Illustrate SimScale projects and maintain SimScale for success.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Cloud Engineering effort?
– Have all basic functions of Cloud Engineering been defined?
– Who needs to know about Cloud Engineering ?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Own Software as a service adoptions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What threat is Cloud Engineering addressing?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Merge Software engineering engagements and budget for Software engineering challenges.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Cloud Engineering project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– For your Cloud Engineering project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What is Effective Cloud Engineering?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Systems engineering strategies and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Systems engineering projects.
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– Is there any existing Cloud Engineering governance structure?
– How will the system be developed, operated, and maintained?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– Is there a commitment from the top down?
– How do we compare with the competition?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
– What are our objectives?
Web engineering Critical Criteria:
Guide Web engineering results and catalog what business benefits will Web engineering goals deliver if achieved.
– What are the disruptive Cloud Engineering technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Cloud Engineering?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cloud Engineering Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud Engineering External links:
Da House of Multi-Cloud Engineering – Home | Facebook
Cloud Engineering Services
OSOLABS.com | Web Design | Hosting | Cloud Engineering
Autodesk Revit External links:
Autodesk Revit: Customize View Titles – YouTube
RTV Tools | Productivity Tools & Plugins for Autodesk Revit
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Cloud Computing Infrastructure Services | ProfitBricks
Computer science External links:
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
Computer Science Department at Princeton University
MyComputerCareer | Computer Science | IT Jobs | …
Information engineering External links:
Information engineering (Book, 1992) [WorldCat.org]
Information engineering (Book, 1981) [WorldCat.org]
Infrastructure as a service External links:
Best Large Scale Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) | ANEXIO
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Onshape External links:
Customers | Onshape
Onshape – Official Site
Performance engineering External links:
Pacific Performance Engineering
KAIZENSPEED LLC Performance Engineering Company
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Cloud Migration Platform as a Service|SaaS Platform
Security engineering External links:
Security Engineering – Covenant Security Solutions
SimScale External links:
SimScale | Crunchbase
Plans & Pricing – SimScale Simulation Platform
SimScale – CFD, FEA, and Thermal Simulation in the Cloud
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
FinTech Software as a Service for AP, AR & HR | DataServ
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Systems engineering External links:
Department of Biological Systems Engineering | …
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Web engineering External links:
rxn labs – Web Engineering Solopreneur
WebSite Design | Digital Marketing | Aspen Web Engineering
What Is Web Engineering? | eHow