What is involved in Stakeholder analysis
Find out what the related areas are that Stakeholder analysis connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Stakeholder analysis thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Stakeholder analysis journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Stakeholder analysis leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Stakeholder analysis related domains to cover and 99 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Stakeholder analysis, Business administration, Conflict resolution, Crowdsourcing, Participation, Policy, Project, Project management, Public consultation, Responsibility assignment matrix, Stakeholder management, Stakeholder theory:
Stakeholder analysis Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Stakeholder analysis leadership and arbitrate Stakeholder analysis techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Stakeholder analysis process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Stakeholder analysis process available?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Stakeholder analysis products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do you have Human Resources available to support your policies?
– Why should we adopt a Stakeholder analysis framework?
Business administration Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Business administration strategies and devise Business administration key steps.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Stakeholder analysis processes?
– Among the Stakeholder analysis product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we know that any Stakeholder analysis analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Conflict resolution Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Conflict resolution quality and gather practices for scaling Conflict resolution.
– Will Stakeholder analysis have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How important is Stakeholder analysis to the user organizations mission?
– What are the barriers to increased Stakeholder analysis production?
Crowdsourcing Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Crowdsourcing tactics and oversee implementation of Crowdsourcing.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Stakeholder analysis experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Stakeholder analysis values?
– What are the short and long-term Stakeholder analysis goals?
Participation Critical Criteria:
Design Participation strategies and get the big picture.
– The communication objectives need to be tailored to each stakeholder group, depending on their level of influence, power, and support. Is the message intended to persuade, inform, educate, create participation, influence, change perceptions, influence behavior, engage, garner support, address concerns, or establish ambassadors to support the change?
– Client participation is one of the best indicators of program quality. if participation is low or declining, it may be an indicator of customer dissatisfaction with one or more aspects of the program. what client involvement is there with the current program?
– Which sdlc results in the highest degree of user participation?
– How do we encourage consumer participation on web sites?
– What are internal and external Stakeholder analysis relations?
– What about Stakeholder analysis Analysis of results?
Policy Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Policy quality and create a map for yourself.
– Have policy priorities affecting key data governance rules and requirements been identified,and has agreement (either a formal agreement or a verbal approval) on priorities been secured from key stakeholders?
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Stakeholder analysis. How do we gain traction?
– Do you have a policy in place to deal with data being lost or stolen (e.g., who needs to be notified, what steps need to be taken to mitigate damages)?
– If the liability portion of a Cybersecurity insurance policy is a claims-made policy, is an extended reporting endorsement (tail coverage) offered?
– Do you have guidelines or a policy in place defining the parameters for employees working on files outside of the office?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– Does our company have a Cybersecurity policy, strategy, or governing document?
– Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
– Do we have a current vs. desired password policy on sensitive systems?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– What policy issues could drive the necessity for change?
– Where is this procedure or policy written and kept?
– Is mgmt involved in establishing the ISMS policy?
Project Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Project tactics and attract Project skills.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Does a new project under discussion improve the balance of projects (or detract from balance), and does the project improve the portfolios strategic alignment?
– Do managers really matter to the success of an agile project? Are they superfluous? What happens when managers step over the prescribed line?
– What are the risks if everyone on the project has full permissions on all of the information?
– Should the firm include the cost of the land in estimating the cash flows of the project?
– Are programs just scale-ups of projects, or do they represent something unique?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– What basic financial reports and statements will be made?
– Who will be responsible for carrying out each activity?
– Political -is anyone trying to undermine this project?
– Is this the first time this team has worked together?
– What are the Perceptions of Owners and Contractors?
– How much risk does the project entail?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
– Are the activities sustainable?
– Is the CR within project scope?
– What Is a Project?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Project management outcomes and find out.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– How much effort and investment in time and resources will be required to develop new tools, templates and processes?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– How much project management is needed?
– What is the cost of change?
– Who is a customer?
Public consultation Critical Criteria:
Guard Public consultation engagements and define what do we need to start doing with Public consultation.
– Which customers cant participate in our Stakeholder analysis domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are our needs in relation to Stakeholder analysis skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we measure improved Stakeholder analysis service perception, and satisfaction?
Responsibility assignment matrix Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Responsibility assignment matrix planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Responsibility assignment matrix projects.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Stakeholder analysis moving forward?
– Are there any drawbacks to using a responsibility assignment matrix?
– Does Stakeholder analysis appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Stakeholder management Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Stakeholder management results and do something to it.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Do those selected for the Stakeholder analysis team have a good general understanding of what Stakeholder analysis is all about?
– Is the Stakeholder analysis organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Stakeholder analysis been identified and analyzed?
Stakeholder theory Critical Criteria:
Look at Stakeholder theory visions and overcome Stakeholder theory skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do the Stakeholder analysis decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is our formula for success in Stakeholder analysis ?
– Why is Stakeholder analysis important for you now?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Stakeholder analysis Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Stakeholder analysis External links:
Free Stakeholder Analysis Templates Smartsheet
Stakeholder Analysis – Template & Example
Stakeholder Analysis – Advanced – GoLeanSixSigma.com
Business administration External links:
[PDF]U. S. Small Business Administration – sba.gov
Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans – U.S. Bank
Small Business Administration – Official Site
Conflict resolution External links:
Conflict Resolution Institute | University of Denver
What does the Bible say about conflict resolution?
[PDF]Conflict Resolution Skills – edcc.edu
Crowdsourcing External links:
Federal Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science Toolkit
Crowdsourcing: ‘Where’s Waldo,’ for science (Opinion) – CNN
MyMusicTaste – Crowdsourcing Platform for Music & Live …
Participation External links:
TSP: Plan Participation
Participation Lookup – QPP
Policy External links:
What is a title policy on a home? | Yahoo Answers
What Is a Title Insurance Policy? – The Balance
Project External links:
Steam Community :: Guide :: “Untitled” Project X
Public consultation External links:
Issues and Options Document Public Consultation Now Open
Property PR | Media Relations |Public Consultation
[PDF]Manure Management Public Consultation Meeting …
Responsibility assignment matrix External links:
Responsibility assignment matrix
http://A responsibility assignment matrix (RAM), also known as RACI matrix /ˈreɪsiː/ or ARCI matrix or linear responsibility chart (LRC), describes the participation by various roles in completing tasks or deliverables for a project or business process. It is especially useful in clarifying roles and responsibilities in cross-functional/departmental projects and processes.
Download Content Responsibility Assignment Matrix …
Stakeholder management External links:
What You Must Know About Stakeholder Management – CEG
24. Stakeholder Management – The Open Group
Stakeholder theory External links:
[PDF]Value Maximization, Stakeholder Theory, and the …
Stakeholder Theory Definition from Financial Times Lexicon
Stakeholder Theory Flashcards | Quizlet