What is involved in Enterprise Key Management
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Key Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Key Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Key Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Key Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Key Management related domains to cover and 132 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Key Management, Key management, Asymmetric key algorithm, Block cipher, Book code, Bring your own encryption, Certificate authority, Clear text, Cryptographic key types, Cryptographic protocol, Digital certificates, Diplomatic bag, Dynamic secrets, Electronic Key Management System, Enigma machine, Hardware security, Hash function, Internet of Things, Key Wrap, Key ceremony, Key derivation function, Key distribution center, Key encapsulation, Key exchange, Key generation, Key scheduling, Key server, Open source, Over the Air Rekeying, Point of sale, Proprietary software, Pseudorandom function family, Public-key cryptography, Public Key Infrastructure, SSH Communications Security, Secure Sockets Layer, Symmetric key algorithm, Transport Layer Security:
Enterprise Key Management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Enterprise Key Management visions and finalize the present value of growth of Enterprise Key Management.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Key Management services/products?
– Do we monitor the Enterprise Key Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Do we have past Enterprise Key Management Successes?
Key management Critical Criteria:
Administer Key management outcomes and know what your objective is.
– Another confidentiality consideration for encryption is key management. How are the encryption keys that are used going to be managed and by whom?
– In what ways are Enterprise Key Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise Key Management project?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Enterprise Key Management project?
Asymmetric key algorithm Critical Criteria:
Model after Asymmetric key algorithm decisions and explain and analyze the challenges of Asymmetric key algorithm.
– Does Enterprise Key Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we go about Comparing Enterprise Key Management approaches/solutions?
– How to Secure Enterprise Key Management?
Block cipher Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Block cipher risks and define what our big hairy audacious Block cipher goal is.
– What are internal and external Enterprise Key Management relations?
– Why should we adopt a Enterprise Key Management framework?
Book code Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Book code decisions and catalog Book code activities.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Enterprise Key Management?
– How do we Identify specific Enterprise Key Management investment and emerging trends?
– Have all basic functions of Enterprise Key Management been defined?
Bring your own encryption Critical Criteria:
Talk about Bring your own encryption decisions and finalize the present value of growth of Bring your own encryption.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Enterprise Key Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Is there a Enterprise Key Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we Lead with Enterprise Key Management in Mind?
Certificate authority Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Certificate authority management and achieve a single Certificate authority view and bringing data together.
– What are the short and long-term Enterprise Key Management goals?
Clear text Critical Criteria:
Discuss Clear text projects and tour deciding if Clear text progress is made.
– Does Enterprise Key Management analysis show the relationships among important Enterprise Key Management factors?
– Is there any existing Enterprise Key Management governance structure?
– Is the scope of Enterprise Key Management defined?
Cryptographic key types Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Cryptographic key types decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Cryptographic key types users.
– Think about the functions involved in your Enterprise Key Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we keep improving Enterprise Key Management?
Cryptographic protocol Critical Criteria:
Sort Cryptographic protocol results and revise understanding of Cryptographic protocol architectures.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Enterprise Key Management with what users do day-to-day?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Enterprise Key Management processes?
Digital certificates Critical Criteria:
Use past Digital certificates failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Digital certificates information.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Enterprise Key Management processes?
– How likely is the current Enterprise Key Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Will the organizations PKI product accept digital certificates from other PKI products?
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise Key Management stated explicitly?
Diplomatic bag Critical Criteria:
Recall Diplomatic bag governance and budget for Diplomatic bag challenges.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Enterprise Key Management Management?
– What are specific Enterprise Key Management Rules to follow?
Dynamic secrets Critical Criteria:
Talk about Dynamic secrets leadership and get out your magnifying glass.
– what is the best design framework for Enterprise Key Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How much does Enterprise Key Management help?
Electronic Key Management System Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Electronic Key Management System issues and revise understanding of Electronic Key Management System architectures.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Enterprise Key Management ?
– When a Enterprise Key Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How will you know that the Enterprise Key Management project has been successful?
Enigma machine Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Enigma machine projects and adjust implementation of Enigma machine.
– What is the purpose of Enterprise Key Management in relation to the mission?
– Do we all define Enterprise Key Management in the same way?
– Are we Assessing Enterprise Key Management and Risk?
Hardware security Critical Criteria:
Group Hardware security results and develop and take control of the Hardware security initiative.
– Which customers cant participate in our Enterprise Key Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Hash function Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Hash function projects and separate what are the business goals Hash function is aiming to achieve.
– How can you measure Enterprise Key Management in a systematic way?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Apply Internet of Things tactics and question.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– How can the principle of right to silence, aka silence of the chips, that allows individuals to disconnect from any application, be integrated into those systems?
– What new requirements emerge in terms of information processing/management to make physical and virtual world data fusion possible?
– Were competing technologies evaluated to assess and compare their ability to effectively achieve system goals?
– What specific legal authorities, arrangements, and/or agreements authorize the collection of information?
– If it does need to be more accurate, in what ways should it be more accurate?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What impacts on users, clients and the business must be planned for?
– Will IoT or industrial internet-of-things (iiot) be another bubble?
– What is the expected growth in terms of time, magnitude, location?
– Do we have industrial internet-of-things (iiot) on our radar?
– What does a good Internet of Things strategy include?
– How will the Internet of Things affect the Smartgrid?
– How do we ensure that memory bandwidth is keeping up?
– What is our formula for success in IIoT?
– From whom is the information collected?
– What customer support will be needed?
– How will you access customers?
– What is Disruptive with IoT?
– Who owns the data?
Key Wrap Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Key Wrap governance and report on setting up Key Wrap without losing ground.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Enterprise Key Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can skill-level changes improve Enterprise Key Management?
Key ceremony Critical Criteria:
Read up on Key ceremony tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Key ceremony projects.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Enterprise Key Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we maintain Enterprise Key Managements Integrity?
Key derivation function Critical Criteria:
Audit Key derivation function quality and finalize specific methods for Key derivation function acceptance.
– What is Effective Enterprise Key Management?
Key distribution center Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Key distribution center governance and budget for Key distribution center challenges.
– Can we do Enterprise Key Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
Key encapsulation Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Key encapsulation strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and Key encapsulation strategies.
– Does Enterprise Key Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we go about Securing Enterprise Key Management?
– What are current Enterprise Key Management Paradigms?
Key exchange Critical Criteria:
Read up on Key exchange results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Key exchange.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Enterprise Key Management processes?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Enterprise Key Management leaders?
Key generation Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Key generation visions and point out Key generation tensions in leadership.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Enterprise Key Management leader?
– Which Enterprise Key Management goals are the most important?
Key scheduling Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Key scheduling leadership and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Key scheduling.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Key Management project?
– How would one define Enterprise Key Management leadership?
Key server Critical Criteria:
Read up on Key server issues and handle a jump-start course to Key server.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Key Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Will Enterprise Key Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Open source Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Open source failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Open source decisions.
– Is there any open source personal cloud software which provides privacy and ease of use 1 click app installs cross platform html5?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– What are the different RDBMS (commercial and open source) options available in the cloud today?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Enterprise Key Management study?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– What are some good open source projects for the internet of things?
– What are the best open source solutions for data loss prevention?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– What about Enterprise Key Management Analysis of results?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– Is there an open source alternative to adobe captivate?
– What are the open source alternatives to Moodle?
Over the Air Rekeying Critical Criteria:
Chart Over the Air Rekeying leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Over the Air Rekeying projects.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Enterprise Key Management move?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Point of sale risks and maintain Point of sale for success.
– Do the Enterprise Key Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is Supporting Enterprise Key Management documentation required?
Proprietary software Critical Criteria:
Talk about Proprietary software management and develop and take control of the Proprietary software initiative.
– Is the Enterprise Key Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What business benefits will Enterprise Key Management goals deliver if achieved?
Pseudorandom function family Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Pseudorandom function family goals and oversee implementation of Pseudorandom function family.
– Do Enterprise Key Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Key Management ?
Public-key cryptography Critical Criteria:
Probe Public-key cryptography strategies and secure Public-key cryptography creativity.
Public Key Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Think about Public Key Infrastructure planning and devise Public Key Infrastructure key steps.
– How do we manage Enterprise Key Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is a Enterprise Key Management Team Work effort in place?
SSH Communications Security Critical Criteria:
Deduce SSH Communications Security strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Enterprise Key Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Why is Enterprise Key Management important for you now?
Secure Sockets Layer Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Secure Sockets Layer governance and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Secure Sockets Layer projects.
– In a project to restructure Enterprise Key Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Enterprise Key Management processes of our organization?
Symmetric key algorithm Critical Criteria:
Canvass Symmetric key algorithm goals and explain and analyze the challenges of Symmetric key algorithm.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Key Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Enterprise Key Management been identified and analyzed?
Transport Layer Security Critical Criteria:
Gauge Transport Layer Security results and find out what it really means.
– How important is Enterprise Key Management to the user organizations mission?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Key Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Key Management External links:
Enterprise Key Management | Dyadic Virtual HSM
KeyNexus – Enterprise Key Management & Storage
Security and Enterprise Key Management | FreeBusy
Key management External links:
[DOC]KEY MANAGEMENT – University of Central Florida
Key Tracer Key Management Systems
Apartments, Houses & Senior Rentals | Key Management
Block cipher External links:
Block cipher – Everything2.com
The Block Cipher Companion (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
The block cipher companion (eBook, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Book code External links:
Busch, Brian – Math 8 / Book Code
OBC3 – Orange Book Code ; 3-Byte Version – McKesson
Club Penguin Book Codes
Certificate authority External links:
SSL Certificates Trustwave® SSL Certificate Authority
External Certificate Authority
Clear text External links:
Visual Basic Tutorial: A Button To Clear Text – YouTube
how do i clear text message indicator | Verizon Community
Clear Text | NWCG
Cryptographic key types External links:
Cryptographic Key Types – fangeload.com
Digital certificates External links:
How users manage digital certificates in Outlook 2016 for …
Accredible – Digital Certificates & Badges
Diplomatic bag External links:
The Diplomatic Bag – Home | Facebook
Dynamic secrets External links:
Dynamic Secrets – Getting Started – Vault by HashiCorp
Electronic Key Management System External links:
KEYper Electronic Key Management System
Electronic Key Management System | Keyper Systems
Enigma machine External links:
Rare Enigma machine fetches 45,000 euros at auction – CNN
The Enigma machine from World War II. [VIDEO] – Wimp.com
158,962,555,217,826,360,000 (Enigma Machine) – …
Hardware security External links:
Texplained – Hardware Security Insight
hardwear.io | hardware security conference and training
SecuringHardware.com – Hardware Security Training …
Hash function External links:
What Is a Cryptographic Hash Function? – Lifewire
Hash function – ScienceDaily
9-7.4 Cryptographic Hash Function – USPS
Internet of Things External links:
Stacey on IoT | Internet of Things news and analysis
Particle: Connect your Internet of Things (IoT) devices
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Key Wrap External links:
Cisco Bug: CSCuw91763 – Feature “AES Key Wrap” does …
Techflex – Studio Key Wrap Keyable Vinyl Wrap
[PDF]Key Wrapping with AES GCM for JWE – self-issued
Key ceremony External links:
[PDF]Please join us for Key Ceremony – hbawake.com
Bell Bomber plant key ceremony – SOAR Home
Key derivation function External links:
IMAGE BASED KEY DERIVATION FUNCTION – Visa …
Key distribution center External links:
What is Key Distribution Center (KDC) | IGI Global
Key encapsulation External links:
Efficient identity-based key encapsulation to multiple parties
Efficient key encapsulation to multiple parties
Key Encapsulation to Designated Group Summary – …
Key exchange External links:
VPN Key Exchange Enhancements in iOS 9.3, OS X …
KeyNest – Smart Key Exchange
Schedule Appointment with First MLS Key Exchange
Key generation External links:
Remove Key Generation Element – Chrome Platform Status
http://Key generation is the process of generating keys in cryptography. A key is used to encrypt and decrypt whatever data is being encrypted/decrypted. Modern cryptographic systems include symmetric-key algorithms (such as DES and AES) and public-key algorithms (such as RSA). Symmetric-key algorithms use a single shared key; keeping data secret requires keeping this key secret.
[PDF]Recommendation for Cryptographic Key Generation
Key server External links:
MIT PGP Key Server — Frequently Asked Questions
In computer security, a key server is a computer that receives and then serves existing cryptographic keys to users or other programs.
What is the Virtru Customer Key Server (CKS)?
Open source External links:
OpenVPN – Open Source VPN
iSpy: Open Source Camera Security Software
Open Source Search & Analytics · Elasticsearch | Elastic
Point of sale External links:
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
Retail Systems Inc. Point of Sale Systems
iPad POS by Instore, the point of sale for small business
Proprietary software External links:
Proprietary Software and the Institutional Researcher. – …
Proprietary Software Definition – LINFO
Proprietary Software for Free | USC Spatial Sciences Institute
Pseudorandom function family External links:
Cryptanalysis of the SEAL 3.0 Pseudorandom Function Family
Pseudorandom function family – YouTube
Pseudorandom function family – WOW.com
Public-key cryptography External links:
Public-Key Cryptography (eBook, 1990) [WorldCat.org]
Public Key Infrastructure External links:
Federal Public Key Infrastructure (FPKI) | ID …
Introduction | Federal Public Key Infrastructure Guides
PKI Solutions Inc. – Public Key Infrastructure Consulting
SSH Communications Security External links:
SSH Communications Security – Home | Facebook
Company home Page – SSH Communications Security | …
SSH Communications Security – Google+
Secure Sockets Layer External links:
What Is SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)? | DigiCert.com
[PPT]The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protocol
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) – HE FAQ
Symmetric key algorithm External links:
Which symmetric key algorithm does SSL use? – Stack Overflow
Transport Layer Security External links:
What is Transport Layer Security? – Quora
Transport Layer Security (TLS) Update | Wolverine Bank