What is involved in Mobile device management
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile device management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile device management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Mobile Device Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Mobile Device Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile device management related domains to cover and 101 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile device management, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Bring Your Own Device, Cloud computing, Device Management Forum, Enterprise mobility management, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, Flooding the market, International mobile subscriber identity, Kiosk software, Mobile application management, Mobile content management, Mobile content management system, Mobile device, Mobile phone, Mobile security, Network security, Open Mobile Alliance, Open standard, Over-the-air programming, Point of sale, Rugged computer, Smart message, Software as a service, Subscriber identity module, Tablet computer, The SyncML Initiative, Windows Update:
Mobile device management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Mobile device management outcomes and achieve a single Mobile device management view and bringing data together.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Mobile device management activities?
– How do we manage Mobile device management Knowledge Management (KM)?
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Critical Criteria:
Read up on BlackBerry Enterprise Server engagements and look in other fields.
– How will you know that the Mobile device management project has been successful?
– What about Mobile device management Analysis of results?
Bring Your Own Device Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Bring Your Own Device adoptions and triple focus on important concepts of Bring Your Own Device relationship management.
– Which customers cant participate in our Mobile device management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Mobile device management project?
– Does our organization need more Mobile device management education?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Cloud computing projects and handle a jump-start course to Cloud computing.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– What are the existing or planned mechanisms to assess the interoperability of different vendor implementations?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
Device Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Confer re Device Management Forum leadership and revise understanding of Device Management Forum architectures.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mobile device management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mobile device management process available?
– What will drive Mobile device management change?
– How can we improve Mobile device management?
Enterprise mobility management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Enterprise mobility management planning and transcribe Enterprise mobility management as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Mobile device management move?
– Do we all define Mobile device management in the same way?
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 Critical Criteria:
Rank Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 risks and get answers.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Mobile device management ?
– How do we Identify specific Mobile device management investment and emerging trends?
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program management and find out.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Mobile device management study?
Flooding the market Critical Criteria:
Rank Flooding the market issues and maintain Flooding the market for success.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Mobile device management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Mobile device management project lifecycle?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Mobile device management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are our needs in relation to Mobile device management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
International mobile subscriber identity Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about International mobile subscriber identity failures and differentiate in coordinating International mobile subscriber identity.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mobile device management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Mobile device management with what users do day-to-day?
Kiosk software Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Kiosk software outcomes and mentor Kiosk software customer orientation.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Mobile device management project manager?
– Have all basic functions of Mobile device management been defined?
– How do we Lead with Mobile device management in Mind?
Mobile application management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Mobile application management failures and attract Mobile application management skills.
– Does Mobile device management analysis show the relationships among important Mobile device management factors?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Mobile device management moving forward?
– Does the Mobile device management task fit the clients priorities?
Mobile content management Critical Criteria:
Confer over Mobile content management results and work towards be a leading Mobile content management expert.
– How do we measure improved Mobile device management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is there any existing Mobile device management governance structure?
– What threat is Mobile device management addressing?
Mobile content management system Critical Criteria:
Shape Mobile content management system projects and gather Mobile content management system models .
– In the case of a Mobile device management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Mobile device management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Mobile device management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile device management processes?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Mobile device management?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Pilot Mobile device management and look in other fields.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– Do we have past Mobile device management Successes?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Add value to Mobile phone tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Mobile phone services.
– Consider your own Mobile device management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Which Mobile device management goals are the most important?
Mobile security Critical Criteria:
Steer Mobile security failures and test out new things.
– what is the best design framework for Mobile device management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Can we add value to the current Mobile device management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Mobile device management process?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Steer Network security failures and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Network security projects.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mobile device management delivery for example is new software needed?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Mobile device management project?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– Is a Mobile device management Team Work effort in place?
Open Mobile Alliance Critical Criteria:
Face Open Mobile Alliance governance and revise understanding of Open Mobile Alliance architectures.
– To what extent does management recognize Mobile device management as a tool to increase the results?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Mobile device management effort?
– What are internal and external Mobile device management relations?
Open standard Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Open standard tactics and integrate design thinking in Open standard innovation.
– What are the key elements of your Mobile device management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Over-the-air programming Critical Criteria:
Discuss Over-the-air programming quality and gather Over-the-air programming models .
– Among the Mobile device management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Mobile device management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Mobile device management project?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Discourse Point of sale outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Point of sale relationship management.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile device management is underway?
– What vendors make products that address the Mobile device management needs?
Rugged computer Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Rugged computer planning and create Rugged computer explanations for all managers.
Smart message Critical Criteria:
Deduce Smart message projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Smart message.
– When a Mobile device management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are accountability and ownership for Mobile device management clearly defined?
– What is Effective Mobile device management?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Software as a service quality and work towards be a leading Software as a service expert.
– Is the Mobile device management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Is the scope of Mobile device management defined?
– What are our Mobile device management Processes?
Subscriber identity module Critical Criteria:
Chat re Subscriber identity module tactics and improve Subscriber identity module service perception.
– Do those selected for the Mobile device management team have a good general understanding of what Mobile device management is all about?
– Have you identified your Mobile device management key performance indicators?
– What is our formula for success in Mobile device management ?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Mix Tablet computer visions and explore and align the progress in Tablet computer.
– Is Supporting Mobile device management documentation required?
– What are the usability implications of Mobile device management actions?
– How do we go about Securing Mobile device management?
The SyncML Initiative Critical Criteria:
Shape The SyncML Initiative goals and budget for The SyncML Initiative challenges.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Mobile device management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Mobile device management?
Windows Update Critical Criteria:
Use past Windows Update projects and point out improvements in Windows Update.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Mobile device management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Mobile Device Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile device management External links:
Mobile Device Management
http://Ad · www.manageengine.com/MDM
Mobile Device Management – uscellular.com
http://Ad · www.uscellular.com/Business/MDM
Mobile Device Management
http://Ad · www.manageengine.com/MDM
BlackBerry Enterprise Server External links:
Blackberry Enterprise Server – Sprint
Bring Your Own Device External links:
The Legal Side of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – Parr Brown
What is BYOD Bring Your Own Device? Webopedia Definition
[PDF]Bring Your Own Device – Alberta Education
Cloud computing External links:
CRM Software & Cloud Computing Solutions – Salesforce UK
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Device Management Forum External links:
Device Management Forum | SEGD
DMF – Device Management Forum | AcronymAttic
Mobile Device Management Forum – 10times
Enterprise mobility management External links:
Enterprise Mobility Management – Mobility Solution For You
http://Ad · www.manageengine.com/MDMP/EMM
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
Best Enterprise Mobility Management Software in 2018 | …
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 …
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program External links:
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
Flooding the market External links:
Sleep tech is flooding the market. Here’s how it works
Damaged cars flooding the market | Reading Eagle – MONEY
Cheap, Foreign-Made Solar Panels Flooding The Market …
International mobile subscriber identity External links:
International mobile subscriber identity
http://The International Mobile Subscriber Identity or IMSI /ˈɪmziː/ is used to identify the user of a cellular network and is a unique identification associated with all cellular networks. It is stored as a 64 bit field and is sent by the phone to the network.
IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) – Tech-FAQ
international mobile subscriber identity | SOFREP
Kiosk software External links:
Kiosk Software for Windows – KioskSimple Kiosk Software
Kiosk Software for Android – mobilock.in
http://Ad · mobilock.in/kiosk-lockdown/software
Simple Church Kiosk – It’s Just Churck Kiosk Software
Mobile application management External links:
Mobile Application Management (MAM®) Platform | Apperian
Mobile Application Management | AirWatch
Enterprise Mobile Application Management (MAM) …
Mobile content management External links:
Mobile Content Management – MCM Software | MobileIron
Mobile content management and marketing platform.
MCM – Mobile Content Management – Webopedia
Mobile content management system External links:
Smartfolio – Mobile Content Management System
Mobile Content Management System – Smartfolio
Mobile device External links:
Mobile Ordering | Order Pizza on Mobile Device
Duke Health Mobile Device Manager
Mobile phone External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
See shopping results for mobile phone
Mobile security External links:
The Arlo Go Mobile Security Camera uses Verizon’s 4G LTE network to supply HD live streams or cloud-stored recordings.
Find Your Lost or Stolen Android Device | AVG Mobile Security
McAfee Mobile Security & Lock – Android Apps on Google Play
Network security External links:
Medicine Bow Technologies – Network Security Colorado
Akamai’s Network Security – Cloud Based Solutions
http://Ad · www.akamai.com/Network/Security
NIKSUN – Network Security and Performance
Open Mobile Alliance External links:
Open Mobile Alliance – Specifications
Open Mobile Alliance (@OpenMobileA) | Twitter
openmobilealliance.org – Open Mobile Alliance Mobile …
Open standard External links:
Open Standard/Open Source Flashcards | Quizlet
Definition of “Open Standards”
Over-the-air programming External links:
Over-the-Air Programming | International® Trucks
Point of sale External links:
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
Square® Point of Sale – squareup.com
http://Ad · squareup.com/pos
Toast | Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
Rugged computer External links:
Rugged Computer Systems – Germane Systems
Rugged Computers – xploretech.com
http://Ad · www.xploretech.com/Tablets/Rugged
Smart message External links:
SMART Message – Official Site
[PDF]FAQ About Smart Message Popup Software
http://www.eiu.edu/environ/doc123/FAQ About Smart Message Popup Software.pdf
Gemalto Smart Message: Construa uma relação dinâmica …
Software as a service External links:
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Software as a Service | Accenture
Subscriber identity module External links:
What is subscriber identity module? Webopedia Definition
FordQ1Requirements | Subscriber Identity Module | Gsm
Tablet computer External links:
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Yuma 2 rugged tablet computer
The SyncML Initiative External links:
The SyncML Initiative – Sensagent.com
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/the syncml initiative/en-en
Cover Pages: The SyncML Initiative
Charles Njonjo | The SyncML Initiative Ltd | ZoomInfo.com
Windows Update External links:
Windows Update: FAQ – Windows Help
BatchPatch – Windows Update & WSUS Patch …
Fix Windows Update errors – support.microsoft.com